Monday, 4 November 2013

Day one in Bali - I am here!


My journey began on Friday morning in Prince George and ended Sunday night after we arrived at our Villa in Northern Bali.  With a flight 14 hour from Vancouver to Hong Kong, four hour flight from Hong Kong to Denpasar, and a four hour white knuckle drive across Bali to our Villa, we made it.  We were greeted by our cook, Katut who had a beautiful meal prepared for us.  For anyone who has taken a long flight, you will understand how good it felt to go to sleep on a flat bed.

I woke up to the beautiful sound of crashing waves, tropical aromas and a view fit for a postcard.  A gorgeous start to the day.  This afternoon, we ventured into a local village to pick up a few items and check out a market.  The people here are so friendly and we met many wonderful locals on our first outing.  I have taken over 100 images today, and I would love to post all of them.  For now, I will only post a couple.  Today, I was able to stand in front of a beautiful temple.  Here in Indonesia, faith is a very important part of life.  As the sun rises, you will see people on the beach praying and leave an offering before they go for a morning swim.  Temples and shrines are everywhere, and at the steps, beautiful offerings are found.  I captured this small temple at one of the nearby villages.






As the sunset was nearing, we walked along the beach in search of fabulous images. I came across this lone flower that was left over from the days offering.  Although a common item to find on the beach here in Bali, to me the first time I have come across something so beautiful on one of my beach strolls.  Something so delicate and colourful, amongst the black sand.



I also came across this beautiful Buddha statue on fence.  I LOVE this statue, the detail is gorgeous. 

I feel so blessed to be here and to have met all the beautiful Balinese people in our travels so far. 


Now I am off to bed…good morning to my friends and family back home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your journey and pictures. I hope you have lots of great experiences, adventure, and fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safely and look forward to more pictures. Also interesting to hear that after only one day you already are getting the sense that faith is a part of everyday life. One of my seminary proffessors talked about prayer as an ongoing conversation with God both in speech and action. Sounds like they're practicing some of this in Bali.

    ReplyDelete