Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Kris & Amanda had a little secret...


I have photographed a number of weddings these past six years and each one has been so beautiful. For anyone who has planned a wedding, we know the energy that goes into making the day perfect and sometimes we put the vision of others before our own. Wedding days can be somewhat stressful, and we can start to lose sight of the true meaning of this special day.

I had the opportunity to work with a couple who wanted their wedding day to be simple and wanted to keep it about them.  As hard as it was to do, they did not tell anyone they were getting married (except for a few of us).

I have had the pleasure of knowing Amanda for a few years and know first hand the incredible woman she is.  When she first approached me asking me to capture her day, I was blown away at the opportunity to be able to document the special moments that her and Kris would be able to share with their family and friends.  This was a beautiful honour!  Even a greater honour, was when she asked if We would host their wedding at our studio.  She loved the rustic feel to our space and felt it would be a fabulous location to say their "I do's".




Our little studio is a perfect setting, but it needed a little help to make it wedding worthy.  Initially, I thought I could pull this off, but realized I needed to bring in some experts.  I called on Rachelle & Carol of Simply Inspired Events to create a gorgeous setting for Kris and Amanda's nuptials.  I had a blast working with these two and letting them work their magic on our space.  We wanted this to be a special surprise for Amanda and Kris (and I am pretty sure we succeeded)!  I also called on another fabulous business that I LOVE working with, The Missing Piece . Laurie & Sandi lent us the gorgeous winter trees and signing table to complete the space.  

Thank you ladies, I think we made a pretty awesome team.
































Amanda met with Margi from Prince George Florists and together created a vision of her bouquet.  I LOVE the simplicity, yet elegance with this gorgeous bouquet.








On Thursday, February 19th, 2015, Kris and Amanda said their "I do's" at Bobbi Carpino Photography!!!  Here are a few images from their beautiful day.



















On Saturday, Kris and Amanda announced their marriage to family in friends.  We put together a little video from their wedding to send out in their announcement.  I hear their announcement was very well received.

Amanda and Kris...thank you for asking me to be a part of your beautiful day.  I don't know if there are words that would ever describe the honour it was for me to be present.  May your lives together be filled with beautiful adventures and that your love grows even stronger than today.

xoxox
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment